The Boulder City Library has a Lulzbot Taz Workhorse that is available for patrons.
3D Printing will be available starting November 4th.
3D Printer Policy
This policy establishes guidelines for the public to use the Library’s 3D printer.
- The Library’s 3D printer is available to the public to make three-dimensional objects using a design that is uploaded from a computer file.
- The Library’s 3D printer may be used only for lawful purposes. The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printer to create material that is:
Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- The Library will only print objects that will take less than 8 hours to print.
- Items printed from the Library’s 3D printer that are not picked up within 7 days will become property of the Library.
- Items must be picked up by the individual who printed them.
- The max dimensions for a printed item are 10in. x 10in. x 10 in. (254mm x 254mm x 254mm).
- The cost is $1.00 per job plus $0.05 per gram of filament used. Payment is due upon pickup.
- Files must be in .stl format.
- Library 3D printing projects take precedence.
- Public printing projects are first-come first-serve based on staff operator availability, however, only 1 submission per individual is allowed per week.
- Only PLA filament purchased by the Library will be used. If your choice of color is out of stock, a staff member will contact you for another choice.
- All print jobs will be a single color; multi-color printing is not available.
- All print jobs will be printed at standard settings. No custom settings can be requested.
- The Library is not responsible for any object created including quality, or any harm or injury incurred as a result of any usage of the equipment.